A Little Bit Of Everything!!!

It's only WORDS... ..for words are all I have, to take your heart away!

Monday, May 02, 2005

FAN MAIL!!!

Hi
This is something unbelievable people..but I've received a letter from a friend(and a very regular reader of this blog) who terms it as fan mail...and wants me to post it here.
I guess I can do this much, for whatever he's written is extremely sweet believe me.
Please do not believe his superflous praises, he likes almost everyting i write :(((
But then he's a very nice person, and one of my blog's most frequent visitors. So I owe it to him to post the letter unedited. The only liberty I'm taking is holding back his name here,I hope you don't mind.
Thanx a lot dear. Hope not to disappoint you in future.
Bye
Envisager
Dear Envisager,
Poetry has never been something that i enjoyed. I had
never read any poetry apart from the crap that i was forced to read as
a part of my school curriculum. Yeah ... i was mostly pained by poems,
though i enjoyed a few of them. The only thing i liked about poems was
the rhyme ... and since i could never ever think of rhyming lines, i
have always looked up to poets as some kind of extra terrestrial beings
... who could conjure rhymes out of thin air, at will.
All this changed from about Feb ... when i first visited your
crazy home. Here i found a real life person who could write like the
persons whom i had always looked up to with awe. I enjoyed reading ... and
always came back for more ... and you never disappointed this fan of
yours. From spontaneous two liners to long stories ... you had a lot to
offer. Somehow i enjoyed your Hindi creations more than the English ones
... and i have always felt that you write poetry better than prose. So
my order of preference has been Hindi poetry > English poetry > English
prose.
Since i don't have a poetic bent of mind, i usually refrain from
criticizing poems written by others, since they are certainly better
than anything i could have ever imagined. I guess many others feel the
same. So my response to your works has been one of the following :
1. Outstanding ... this holds for a select few like Tanha, Mohabbat aur
Chahat, SHE, My Answer and girlfriend. These are poems that i have
enjoyed reading ... not only the first time, but over and over again ...
even months later.
2. Very good. Most would come in this category ... as your poems and
stories are usually very good. Examples would be Strangers, Oblivion,
Ruksat and Ye Nazrein.
3. Average. Very few would come in this category. I guess i never could
understand these. The only one i can recall that would come in this
category is Smitten.
Of course i am not a literary expert ... so don't take my criticisms
too seriously.
Your poems are something i look forward to everyday. Could i possibly
ask for anything more ?
Maybe if you could write something on other themes. Even HOPE has some
pretty depressing lines. You have yourself admitted that its easy to
write on the topic of love and tragedy. But i am sure your imagination is
not restricted to this domain.
Well ... i guess i have concatenated the jist of most of my comments so
far.
Expecting some very good poems in future,
A fascinated fan

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home