A Little Bit Of Everything!!!

It's only WORDS... ..for words are all I have, to take your heart away!

Monday, April 25, 2005

My answer

He asked me, and I said yes.
Several hours have since passed, but I still continue to wonder what was more surprising about the whole thing: the fact that he asked, or the fact that he asked, or maybe the fact that I answered in affirmative, or else the fact that I answered in affirmative with such ease and confidence-almost as a reflex.
There was something powerful and assertive, yet warm and tender, in the directness of his question. The self-confidence of an honest man sparkled in his eyes. There was no trace of any guilt, doubt, confusion or fear on his face-just the calm of realism peppered with a touch of optimism. He radiated positive vibes of affection, understanding, courage and determination- a determination to make his dreams come true- something which i greatly admired him for, and I think that was the major reason I was drawn to him so immediately. I've always liked guys ho seem to be composed and relaxed in tough situations, who seem to be in control of themselves and their lives, confident that they can handle the future, who know what they want-and actively try to get it- to the maximum extent possible. I believe a lot of girls feel the same way.
Still I dunno if this much is reason enough to justify what I did. To have said yes to him at that moment defies all norms of logic and permissible-logic-breaching-deviations I normally set for myself.
O my reverred sanity, why did you desert me like that?
Huh!
Come to think of it, I hardly know this person, and still...
...but maybe, his reaction, the jubilation on his face was worth it. A spontaneous smile, a controlled elation and a river of warmth flowed out of him. We spent some really lovely and amicable moments after that, till we parted. Probably I didn't deserve it, for it wasn't completely based on honesty. But I think I owed it to him, or myself, or just somebody in this universe, to answer him such. I guess it's inexplicable.
He met me last week at the Ferozeshah Kotla stadium in Delhi during the 6th ODI, India v/s Pak. He was seated next to me, and had caught me cheering Afridi's awesome boundaries and Inzy's hits. He walked upto me at lunch, introduced himself, and asked if I was a Pakistani. I looked at him, there was something in his eyes, and I dunno why, I said yes.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home