A Little Bit Of Everything!!!

It's only WORDS... ..for words are all I have, to take your heart away!

Monday, March 28, 2005

SHADOWS...............

I've always been scared of shadows. No, not really of darkness. Darkness is a friend; it conceals everything you want it to-all the secrets, everything that's ugly, dirty and gory. And it does its job well too. Black has forever been the colour of the unknown, the colour of mysticism, the colour of evil (even though Rani Mukherjee insists on calling black the colour of knowledge!!).
And black is the colour of the shadows, I happily trample underfoot whenever they fall in front of me. But they do not vanish. From God-knows-where, but very soon they appear walking right beside me, threatening to swallow me any moment, and i can never run away from them. But the scariest are those that seem to grow on me all the time...creeping, slow but growing larger and stronger every second.
I dont know if they are really scared of light or not-everytime I try and run towards light to take refuge, they seem to follow me, and light can never kill them, even though they seem to diminish in stature somewhat- but I believe they definitely are scared of darkness, because they assimilate completely in it. That's why darkness is a friend-an enemy's enemy!

Some people say shadows are your best friend-they always walk beside you, never leave you alone. I'm confused on this one...I think darkness is a better friend. Shadows are darkness's children, evidence of darkness being alive and with us even when everything looks bright and happy. When the sun is out, we forget the darkness that has shared many of our woes, tears, curses, fears and secrets. We wanna leave it, forget it...but it never ever leaves us alone. It's existence is forever, reliable, constant, like pain. I love pain...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home