A Little Bit Of Everything!!!

It's only WORDS... ..for words are all I have, to take your heart away!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

BLACK BEAUTY

Just struck my mind
What if I were blind?
What if I did lack
A colour in life, except black?
What if I could have cried
But couldn't, even if I'd tried
See my own tear
A drop of water, crystal clear?
What if I never knew
How a tiny drop of dew
On a shimmery leaf appeared
And shone through when sunlight steered?
What if I could have felt
Touched and also smelt
The wet sand and the grasses tall
But never saw the raindrops fall?
What if I couldn't take a step
Without help, or without falling ahead
Me, goggles and a stick
Tightly and helplessly, trying to grip?
What if I didn't know
Dark and light, high and low
Just lived an entire life-dragged & slow
And never ever saw a rainbow!
What if I never "saw" a smile?
If the word "mirror" meant "futile"?
If I never saw little kids play?
All this(pause)would've been GOOD, I'd say!!
For then, all the filth, all the malice
The pain, the evil, the avarice
Would have been lost in the darkness of sight
For evil is evil only when something's bright
Then from my "eyes"
"Bad" would be as good as "nice"
Atleast I'd have a reason to believe
The world is a wonderful place to live!!

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home